    I'd have to be careful not to use features not available in the earlier v1.0
    ..Net Framework.

    Wayne.

    wh, Jan 16, 2004

  2. wh

    bruce barker Guest

    this will mostly work. the solution and project file formats are different
    between 2002 & 2003, so they will have to be maintained separately.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "wh" <> wrote in message
    > Assuming I have an asp.net web site written using Visual Studio .Net 2002
    > (i.e. for v1.3705 of the .Net Framework). Would I be able to copy the aspx
    > pages (together with the code behind files) and the .cs files used to

    build
    > a .dll
    > component library to a machine that has Visual Studio .Net 2003 and
    > compile/build from there?
    >
    > I'm aware that this version uses v1.1 of the .Net Framework, so assuming
    > that I'd like to copy them back to the machine with Visual Studio .Net

    2002

    bruce barker, Jan 16, 2004

  3. The project file and solution file are changed when opened, so you will have
    to hold onto a copy of the 2002 version and only copy source files back to
    recompile in 2002.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 16, 2004