vs 2010 Premium

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Betty, Aug 5, 2010.

  1. Betty

    Betty Guest

    Hi all,

    Our original system is developed using ".Net Framework, version=v2.0" and I
    used
    vs 2005 Team Suite as development tool.
    About one month ago, one of our developers upgraded the development tool to
    vs 2010. But the project in the system is still targeting ".Net Framework,
    version=v2.0". So I installed vs 2010 premium on my computer. However, when I
    opened one solution file, it pops up a "Project Target Framework not
    installed" windows. The message states that "The web project XXXX is
    targeting ".netFramework, Version =v2.0", which is not installed on this
    machine. You must download this framework, as well as .NET Framework 3.5, in
    order to open and build this project. In order to proceed, you must select an
    option below"

    1) Retarget the project to .NET Framework 4.0. After the project opens, you
    can retarget it to it to another Framework of Profile.

    2)Take me to the Framework Download Web site.

    3) Leave the project as unloaded.

    Does that mean I have to Select 2) and then it will take me to .net
    framework 4.0 download site. After install that, I can open the project, then
    I can retarget to .net 2.0? How do I retarget it.

    I just don't get this message.

    thanks,
    --
    Betty

    Betty, Aug 5, 2010

  2. Betty

    Betty Guest

    Hi all,

    I selected 2) first and downloanded .net framework v4.0 and installed it
    When I open the project sln file, it pops up the message and so I selected
    1) and let it retarget to v4.0 since I don't know how to make it target to
    default which v2.0.

    I got a lot of project files are checked out automatically because of this
    action(I think it is because of retarget to v4.0. what should I do next?

    never used vs 2010 before.
    --
    Betty

    Betty, Aug 5, 2010

  3. Hi Betty,

    ..NET Framework 4.0 will be installed automatically with any version of
    Visual Studio 2010. But the problem is it doesn't include any previous
    versions of .NET Framework. So you cannot target your project to .NET
    Framework 2.0 in this case.

    To solve this issue, I suggest you download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (Full
    Package) and install it on your computer. It will also install .NET
    Framework 2.0 SP2 on you PC which will let you target your project to .NET
    Framework 2.0.

    Here is the download link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D0E5DEA7-AC26-4AD7-
    B68C-FE5076BBA986&displaylang=en.