VS2003: Trouble adding "Existing Project From Web"

newjazzharmony

I'm working in Visual Studio 2003 and I'm trying to add a web project
to a solution.
When I right-click on the solution and select "Add Existing Project
From Web," I get a dialog that says "Enter the URL of the server that
you want to add the project from:" that is prepopulated with
"http://localhost."

When I click "OK," the "Add Existing Project" dialog comes up with the
"localhost" folder selected.
Inside this folder, I am expecting to see the "csproj" files inside my
"inetpub\wwroot" folder, but instead there are no items displayed.

Why can't I see any of my project files at tht root of the web?

I have also tried specifying the machine name instead of "localhost,"
but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan