    example, if you were to use a standard login control on a page, it goes
    directly to the provider to sign in the user. Can I have a web service do
    this instead? If so, how do you do it?
    Andy B, Jun 18, 2008

  2. I assume by WCF Web service you mean WCF Service? I don't see a problem in
    this. Essentially, if your membership store is not on the web server, it
    would make sense to use a web service for this. A WCF service is overkill
    though unless the authentication is bundled with more business services.

    --

    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
    Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP], Jun 20, 2008

  3. Andy B

    Andy B Guest

    The membership is required to make any of the services provided to the web
    applications to work. If membership doesn't work, none of it does.

    "Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]" <vapor dan using hot male spam filter> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andy B, Jun 20, 2008