Web projects do not show when open

Guest

Hi all,

I have asp.net projects (as virtual directories) under my wwwroot path. But
when I try to open it from Visual Studio (Open Project from Web...), none of
the virtual directories show up as I indicated url = http://localhost or
http://mymachinename.

I have set the directory property of my wwwroot to BrowseDirectory and Read
access rights. None has changed.

What do I miss here?

Please help.
Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

Did you create those projects from scratch ?

If so, you don't have to "Open from Web" any more.
Just open the project.

Or, were they placed by you under wwwroot,
having obtained them somewhere else, and
you marked the directory as an Application ?

If so, make sure the path in the csproj.webinfo
or vbproj.webinfo files match the virtual path for your computer.

*Then* use the "Open Web" command in VS.NET.