Web service namespace question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruce W.1, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Bruce W.1

    Bruce W.1 Guest

    If this is off-topic then I apologize. I'm not having any luck at
    Perhaps not enough traffic.

    I made a web service (using C#) that returns a single string, sort of
    like the "Hello World" web service. It works fine on my local PC. So I
    deployed it to a remote server.

    The remote server gives me the error:
    This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.
    Recommendation: Change the default namespace before the XML Web service
    is made public.

    So I added a namespace just above the class in the codebehind:
    [WebService(Namespace="http://qotd.whatever.com/", Description="This web
    service returns a Quote of the Day as a single string.")]
    Then I copied the new .dll to the remote server.

    The problem is that I still get the tempuri.org error. And tempuri.org
    also shows up in the XML WSDL description.

    Using VS 2003 I searched every file in the project for tempuri.org and
    came up with nothing, zip. So I can't figure out where this namespace
    is coming from. Does anyone know?

    Thanks for your help.

    Bruce W.1, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Bruce W.1

    Bruce W.1 Guest

    Natty Gur wrote:

    > Bruce Hi,
    >
    > you did the right thing and i bet its running without any message from
    > your develop machine. for some reasone the production server run old
    > cached version.
    >
    > Natty Gur, CTO
    > Dao2Com Ltd.
    > 34th Elkalay st. Raanana
    > Israel , 43000
    > Phone Numbers:
    > Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    > Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    > Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Nope, that's not the problem. I moved it to another location, same
    thing.

    Bruce W.1, Aug 16, 2003