Web Service Timeout

Paul

Hi,
We have an ASP.NET 1.1 application that calls our ASP.NET 1.1 Web Service.
The call to our Web Service only work when its built in debug mode. When its
built in release mode, the connection to the web service is never made. The
process takes only 20 seconds to run normally so don't see timeout being an
issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

We have an ASP.NET 1.1 application that calls our ASP.NET 1.1 Web Service.
The call to our Web Service only work when its built in debug mode. When its
built in release mode, the connection to the web service is never made. The
process takes only 20 seconds to run normally so don't see timeout being an
issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

Web service calls can fail in many places. You need to make sure that
the call is sent from the client to the server. Then you need to check
if the request arrives on the server (apparenty not). Then you need to
check what the server sends to the client (if it does), and then you
need to check if the response arrives on the client.

To do this, the best way to start is to observe the HTTP traffic. Use
Fiddle or a similar tool to do this.

Greetings,
Laurent