    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Paul

    Paul, Sep 12, 2007

  2. Hi,

    Paul wrote:
    > Hi,
    > We have an ASP.NET 1.1 application that calls our ASP.NET 1.1 Web Service.
    > The call to our Web Service only work when its built in debug mode. When its
    > built in release mode, the connection to the web service is never made. The
    > process takes only 20 seconds to run normally so don't see timeout being an
    > issue.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Paul

    Web service calls can fail in many places. You need to make sure that
    the call is sent from the client to the server. Then you need to check
    if the request arrives on the server (apparenty not). Then you need to
    check what the server sends to the client (if it does), and then you
    need to check if the response arrives on the client.

    To do this, the best way to start is to observe the HTTP traffic. Use
    Fiddle or a similar tool to do this.

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --