Web site analyzer

Anti-imperialist

I do not know much about these programs but I am wondering if a program
exists that could say analyze a website such that it could tell one
which particular articles are popular or not. Say, a website ran 3
large features on its front page for months on end. I would like an
analyzer that would tell how many these large features were being hit by
visitors. When the articles lost their popularity, they could be
pulled. Even better would be an analyzer that recorded the popularity
of say the top 6 news articles on the front page, the very special
sections clickable on the right and left side, etc. It also might be
nice to know, say, for some large featured article, where the redirects
were coming from. For instance, say a featured article got a big play
on a very popular website, it would be nice whether those perusing the
article were redirected from that particular redirect site.

I hope you follow me here. :)
--
List and description of 55 (!) different Iraqi insurgent groups:
http://www.jihadunspun.com/articles/18122003-Iraqi-Resistence/ir/

I support:
The Jewish People's Liberation Organization (JPLO)
http://tinyurl.com/2jkeo
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
http://www.pflp.net/
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP)

Mark Parnell

I do not know much about these programs but I am wondering if a program
exists that could say analyze a website such that it could tell one
which particular articles are popular or not.

That's what your access logs are for.
The Jewish People's Liberation Organization (JPLO)
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP)

"Are you the People's Front of Judea?"
"People's Front of Judea? F--- off. We're the Judean People's Front."

Neal

That's what your access logs are for.

"Are you the People's Front of Judea?"
"People's Front of Judea? F--- off. We're the Judean People's Front."

Follow the sandal!

Anti-imperialist

Mark said:
That's what your access logs are for.

I have never run a website. So my access logs tell me all these things
I guess.
"Are you the People's Front of Judea?"
"People's Front of Judea? F--- off. We're the Judean People's Front."

:)
--
List and description of 55 (!) different Iraqi insurgent groups:
http://www.jihadunspun.com/articles/18122003-Iraqi-Resistence/ir/

I support:
The Jewish People's Liberation Organization (JPLO)
http://tinyurl.com/2jkeo
The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)
http://www.pflp.net/
The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP)

Mitja

Anti-imperialist said:
I have never run a website. So my access logs tell me
all these things I guess.

Yes. But there are tons of data in there - every single hit. So get yourself
an access log analyzer (google!) and consult your server documentation
(probably IIS or Apache) to find out where the logs are stored.