webcamrecorder gui with ruby

Raphael Bauduin

Hi,

I had to build a little webcam recorder to let people leave video
messages at a party. I've used VLC, Ion as a window manager, and Ruby
with Tk to build a simplistic interface that controls VLC. I've
described what I did on my blog at
http://blog.raphinou.com/2007/08/building-webcam-recorder-with-vlc-ion.html
and thought I'd share it with you. There's no rocket science in there,
and the ruby script is pretty short, but it's a working solution.

cheers

Raph