WebControl rendering in frontpage 2003 - Migrating from Visual Studio 2003 to 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by thierry.sanchis@free.fr, Apr 6, 2006.

    I created a System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl in Visual Studio 2003.

    It is inserted in an aspx file.
    When I open this aspx in FrontPage 2003, and if i correctly set the
    Tools/option/asp.net/"default location for ASP.NET control assemblies",

    it is correctly rendered...

    But if I write the same webcontrol with Visual Studio 2005 , in
    frontpage, i only get a "Error -
    Parser Error: Unknown server tag 'cc1:WebCustomControl1' "

    To be sure it is not due to my implementation, I created a new empty
    WebControl from scratch, which basically does nothing. Same result.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    Thierry Sanchis

    , Apr 6, 2006