WebService Timeout Problem

BBuff

I know this is going to be a very ambiguous question from the get-go,
but here it goes.

We're experiencing a very intermittent problem with our web services
timing out. Unfortunately the IIS and Event logs don't contain really
any useful information about any problems that are popping up. Does
anyone know of something we should look at in general? Below are the
exception information and stack trace.

Exception Information
Exception Type: System.Net.WebException
Response: NULL
Message: The operation has timed-out.
TargetSite: System.Net.WebResponse
GetWebResponse(System.Net.WebRequest)
HelpLink: NULL
Source: System.Web.Services

StackTrace Information
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest
request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Colonial.Neptune.CampusWS.CampusWS.GetDependents(String key1,
String key2)
at Colonial.Neptune.TES.TESCampusWS.GetDependentsData(String
identifier, String account)

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
We're experiencing a very intermittent problem with our web services
timing out. Unfortunately the IIS and Event logs don't contain really
any useful information about any problems that are popping up. Does
anyone know of something we should look at in general? Below are the
exception information and stack trace.

Did you check time settings both on the client and server?
It seems they are different.
With best wishes, Arthur Nesterovsky
Please visit my home page:
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com