What are the possible reasons?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. Hello, friends, this has driven us nuts!

    We created a COM component using VB 6.0. This component was put in a .aspx
    page (v1.1) like the follows:

    <object style='Z-INDEX: 129; LEFT: 172px; WIDTH: 328px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 308px; HEIGHT: 184px'
    classid='clsid:988B1FEA-AA93-4FAD-B354-E97543C4ABB8'>
    <PARAM NAME='_ExtentX' VALUE='8678'>
    <PARAM NAME='_ExtentY' VALUE='4868'>
    </object>

    We also added the .ocx as a reference to our project and VS.Net created a
    interop .dll. Both files were found in /bin directory after deployment.

    It worked fine in my local machine (i.e., IIS was running locally). However,
    after I put this page in production IIS server and tried to access it through
    port 7788 using internet, this control did not work. I saw only an empty box
    in the specified location of the page.

    I registered this control in both IIS server and client machine.

    What are the possible reasons? Any ideas?

    Thanks a lot for your help

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Nov 27, 2006

  2. Is that possible COM in .aspx does not like any other port, except port 80 ??

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Nov 27, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=

    Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Is that possible COM in .aspx does not like any other port, except port 80 ??
    >
    > "Andrew" wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, friends, this has driven us nuts!
    > >
    > > We created a COM component using VB 6.0. This component was put in a .aspx
    > > page (v1.1) like the follows:
    > >
    > > <object style='Z-INDEX: 129; LEFT: 172px; WIDTH: 328px; POSITION:
    > > absolute; TOP: 308px; HEIGHT: 184px'
    > > classid='clsid:988B1FEA-AA93-4FAD-B354-E97543C4ABB8'>
    > > <PARAM NAME='_ExtentX' VALUE='8678'>
    > > <PARAM NAME='_ExtentY' VALUE='4868'>
    > > </object>
    > >

    > > We also added the .ocx as a reference to our project and VS.Net created a
    > > interop .dll. Both files were found in /bin directory after deployment.
    > >
    > > It worked fine in my local machine (i.e., IIS was running locally). However,
    > > after I put this page in production IIS server and tried to access it through
    > > port 7788 using internet, this control did not work. I saw only an empty box
    > > in the specified location of the page.
    > >
    > > I registered this control in both IIS server and client machine.
    > >
    > > What are the possible reasons? Any ideas?

    Firewall?

    , Nov 27, 2006
  4. the control only needs to be on the client machine (no interop is required).
    is you control marked safe for scripting? if not security is preventing it.
    try making the webserver a full trusted site. aslo if the control has a ui,
    you will need to have javascript genterate the object tag to prevent the
    click to activate message.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Nov 28, 2006
  5. > if the control has a ui, you will need to have javascript genterate the
    object tag to prevent the click to activate message.

    Yes, it does have ui. But, how to "have javascript genterate the object tag
    to prevent the click to activate message"? Any reference paper or sample
    source code?

    Thanks a lot, Bruce.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Nov 28, 2006