What are UNISIM/XilinxCoreLib/SIMPRIM and for what they are?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?B?pNGkVbLEpECyVg==?=

I often heard libries: UNISIM/XilinxCoreLib/SIMPRIM. But I don't know
what they are neither for what they are designed. May someone kindly
show me...

JackShowMe

David Bishop

¤Ñ¤U²Ä¤@²V said:
I often heard libries: UNISIM/XilinxCoreLib/SIMPRIM. But I don't know
what they are neither for what they are designed. May someone kindly
show me...

These are the VHDL libraries that come with the Xilinx tools.
If you want to put a specific cell in your VHDL, like the DLL, then you
need to refrence the "unisim" library.
If you use coregen to create a core (IP funciton, etc) then you
will have to reference the XilinxCoreLib.

After simulation, the netlist you get out of the new VHDL netlist
tool (ngd2vhd gives you a warning now) will reference the SIMPRIM library.

There is a new tool called "compxlib" (or something like that) to compile
these libraries for you under Xilinx 6.1