What is the best HTML editor?

I told you before

A very good html editor is Arachnophilia which is free and loaded with features.
However since the only thing that matters in a web site is content, if you
cannot write decent copy, than no editor is going to solve your problems

RobM

Q&A said:
Please exclude DreamWave and MS word.

The best I ever used was FrontPage Express 2.0 back in 1999. MS stopped the
product. I can no longer find free download of it -- It was 100% free
originally.

Hi - for those that use notepad etc, I use UltraEdit which does same but at
least colours the tags which makes it easier to read (plus many other
features).
Cheers
Rob

WebcastMaker

Hi - for those that use notepad etc, I use UltraEdit which does same but at
least colours the tags which makes it easier to read (plus many other
features).

Topstyle. Not free, but very good. Built in validation (to w3c's
validator.) preview in multiple browsers with a single click. And
AWESOME style sheet management tools. (and some pretty good site
management tools too)

I am a recent convert from Dreamweaver.

Eric B. Bednarz

Woolly Mittens said:

Come back when you have an ftplugin available that resembles the
functionality of psgml. I personally prefer Vim as the quickest editor,
though, but that's unasked for by the subject line.