    Vertex V in terms of system strucute(LUT6..., not 65nm).

    Thank you.

    Weng
    Weng Tianxiang, Sep 10, 2007

  2. Weng Tianxiang

    John_H Guest

    Re: What is the name of Altera latest and most advanced chip serial that is compatible in technology with Virtex-5 in terms of system strucute(LUT6...)

    "Weng Tianxiang" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I would like to know what is the name of Altera latest and most
    > advanced chip serial that is competable in technology with Xilinx
    > Vertex V in terms of system strucute(LUT6..., not 65nm).
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Weng

    You won't have an identical mapping between manufacturers.

    The Altera Stratix-II, Stratix-III, and Arria GX families should all
    implement their ALM structures which can provide full LUT6 results in a
    structure shared between two registers. The Xilinx LUT6 is per-register for
    the Virtex-5. Your serial speed or specific interface requirements may
    eliminate the Arria GX from consideration, but this very new family is
    cheaper for production than the more flexible Stratix series devices.

    Do a little reading on the Altera families and get to know them on your own.
    It could be that your needs don't map to our assumptions on what you really
    need. The family overviews shouldn't take a significant amount of your
    time. FAEs may also provide you with pertinent data.

    - John_H
    John_H, Sep 10, 2007

  3. Re: What is the name of Altera latest and most advanced chip serial that is compatible in technology with Virtex-5 in terms of system strucute(LUT6...)

    On Sep 10, 2:01 pm, "John_H" <> wrote:
    > "Weng Tianxiang" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi,
    > > I would like to know what is the name of Altera latest and most
    > > advanced chip serial that is competable in technology with Xilinx
    > > Vertex V in terms of system strucute(LUT6..., not 65nm).

    > > Thank you.

    > > Weng

    > You won't have an identical mapping between manufacturers.
    >
    > The Altera Stratix-II, Stratix-III, and Arria GX families should all
    > implement their ALM structures which can provide full LUT6 results in a
    > structure shared between two registers. The Xilinx LUT6 is per-register for
    > the Virtex-5. Your serial speed or specific interface requirements may
    > eliminate the Arria GX from consideration, but this very new family is
    > cheaper for production than the more flexible Stratix series devices.
    >
    > Do a little reading on the Altera families and get to know them on your own.
    > It could be that your needs don't map to our assumptions on what you really
    > need. The family overviews shouldn't take a significant amount of your
    > time. FAEs may also provide you with pertinent data.
    >
    > - John_H

    Hi John_H,
    Based on your suggestion I thought it is Stratix-III I want.

    "Your serial speed or specific interface requirements may
    eliminate Arria GX from consideration, but this very new family is
    cheaper for production than the more flexible Stratix series devices."

    Thank you very much.

    Weng
    Weng Tianxiang, Sep 11, 2007