where do i put axis webservices?

Elhanan

hi..

i've been trying to deploy web services in axis using wsdd option.
however i my web services don't have packager (it's a simple class), so
i tried

<service name="TestBean" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="className" value="TestBean"/>
</service>
</deployment>

and placed the TestBean classs inside apache's root, but got in return
for my call:
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: Could not find class for the
service named: TestBean
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right
location (which depends on the servlet system you are using).; nested
exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TestBean

but what is the right location?

that's not all my problems after that i need to figure out how to pass
a bean a dot net client (creating a wsdl that would describe the bean).

iksrazal

Elhanan said:
[...]

A couple quick things:

1) Your class needs to be in a package. Here's an example:

<service name="urn:alvaras-resposta" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="className"
value="gov.infoseg.mr.xtservices.WSDetalhesAlvaras"/>
</service>

Run the axis deploy script from the directory with has the wsdd and
point to your web app Like:

java -cp $AXISCLASSPATH org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost:8080/wzs/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd

Your class needs to be under WEB-INF/classes - with the package and
class as the example above shows.

2) WSDL is not mandatory, and I therefore avoid it. You need to give a
little extra info to the client at run time, but I feel its worth it.
All my services and clients are %100 java.

I mostly work with Axis Handlers and Web Services Security, so any
examples I would give might dive in too deep.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/