where is org.apache.xpathin JDK 1.5?

hilz

Hi all,
I have a project that I compile using java 1.4.
one of the source files imports org.apache.xpath.*
I have been trying to compile using JDK 1.5, but it is not working.
I looked at the src.zip file and found that this package does not exist
anymore in 1.5
I found another one javax.xml.xpath but it does not seem to have the same
XPath constructors, and thus, I am not able to successfully compile.

I am sure there must be something I am missing.
Can anyone tell me what do I need to do?

thanks
hilz

willirl

This is not part of JDK 1.5 it is part of the Apache project in a
separate jar file. Go to apache.org and look for the xpath download
there.

hilz

willirl said:
This is not part of JDK 1.5 it is part of the Apache project in a
separate jar file. Go to apache.org and look for the xpath download
there.

But wasn't it part of the JDK 1.4 ?
So how come they removed it from 1.5?

thanks
hilz

hilz

So how come when i open the src.zip file that is distributed with JDK 1.4
that i downloaded form java.sun.com, and look for the package
org.apache.xpath i can find it there?
And if i do the same with the src.zip file that came with JDK 1.5, i do not
find it there?

Or am I still missing something?
thanks
hilz

Steve W. Jackson

[QUOTE=""hilz said:

So how come when i open the src.zip file that is distributed with JDK 1.4
that i downloaded form java.sun.com, and look for the package
org.apache.xpath i can find it there?
And if i do the same with the src.zip file that came with JDK 1.5, i do not
find it there?

Or am I still missing something?
thanks
hilz[/QUOTE]

If you check, you'll find that there are a great many classes included
in src.zip that are not listed in the 1.4 API docs. That's because
they're not part of the API but are used at runtime. The class files
will appear in the rt.jar file in the jre/lib directory. It happens
that the org.apache.xpath package structure is among those. Much has
changed in 1.5, including a switch in the internal classes and packages
used for some of the XML-related operations.

= Steve =

Roland

Actually, there is a whole bunch of classes in the org.apache.xpath
package in rt.jar of JRE 1.4.0, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2.
You might want to (re)check your rt.jar.
They didn't.

They have, in favor of the javax.xml.xpath, which, according to
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
___ ___