Which Rails book is good?

pmak-adwords

Any suggestions on which book for Rails is better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web Development with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers

Martin

Agile Web Development with Rails was very well written in my opinion,
but I haven't read any of the other books.

john peter

--0-1230627267-1143385999=:22875

Is Ruby on Rails from O'Reilly out already? I thought it won't be release=
until July. The Agile Web Development book is pretty good. Given that
the author of Ruby on Rails is also a famous one (Bruce Tate), it should
be good. (I've read Bruce Tate's other works so I'm looking forward to th=
is
one as well)

(e-mail address removed) wrote: Any suggestions on which book for Rails i=
s better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web Development with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers

=09

pmak-adwords

Is Ruby on Rails from
O'Reilly out already?

Not in paper form, but O'Reilly is selling the PDF version on their
website (which will be updated as they refine it).

ngw

Any suggestions on which book for Rails is better (I have no prior

experience in Rails, though I've done lots of web development in
Perl/Ruby and MySQL):

Ruby on Rails: Up and Running: Rough Cuts Version
from O'Reilly

Agile Web Development with Rails : A Pragmatic Guide (The Facets of
Ruby Series)
from the Pragmatic Programmers

The one I prefer actually is Ruby for Rails (http://manning.com/books/black).

ngw