    "Humanity is conducting an unintended, uncontrolled, globally pervasive experiment
    whose ultimate consequences could be second only to global nuclear war."
    ~ Environment Canada (The Canadian equivalent of the EPA on global warming)
    Roedy Green, Dec 4, 2008

  2. Roedy Green wrote:
    > I would like to run a program that runs a batch process every 30
    > minutes, but suppress it if certain programs are running, which might
    > interfere.
    >
    > Has anyone seen some JNI for Windows to let you find out what else is
    > running or do I have to roll my own? Any suggested google keywords?

    The Windows Process Library uses jni and allows you to kill process tree
    under Windows. I don't remember if it allows you lookup for a specific
    process. At this moment the website seems down so I can check it.

    https://winp.dev.java.net/

    --
    Andrea Francia
    http://andreafrancia.blogspot.com/2008/07/colinux-linux-dentro-windows.html