    Will this application run on another J2ME MIDP 1.0 supported device?

    Thanks in advance.

    Nisha
    nishadixit, May 24, 2005

  2. On 24 May 2005 05:19:44 -0700, nishadixit wrote:

    > Will this application run on another J2ME MIDP 1.0 supported device?

    The J2ME Frequently Asked Questions List*, suggests 'no'.
    * <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce/j2mefaq.html#what_version>
    [ There were also a number of references throughout it mentioning
    features of MIDP 2 that were unavailable in MIDP 1. ]

    You might also find the answers to more of your questions there.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, May 24, 2005

  3. nishadixit

    Joe Discar Guest

    Re: Will application J2ME MIDP 2.0 based of one device runanother J2ME MIDP 2.0 device?

    On 5/25/05 9:42 PM, in article 1d40iowbnt8b6.1x8ef25ce6ik3$,
    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:

    > On 25 May 2005 21:17:29 -0700, nishadixit wrote:
    >

    >> If I have two Mobile devices say A and B Both are supported J2ME MIDP
    >> 2.0.

    > The J2ME MIDP 2.0 -standard-.

    ....with caveats. If you program a MIDP 2.0 -standard- application using a
    standard java extension (like JSR 82), the application may not run based on
    the capability of the targets platforms. Case in point: Nokia's 9500 and
    Motorola both have Bluetooth, but Motorola doesn't support JSR 82, so a
    bluetooth Midlet will run correctly on the Nokia, but not on the Motorola (I
    call this Motorola's penchant for "leading from behind"--they *defined* the
    JSR 82 standard but you'd be hard pressed to find any of their phones
    supporting it at any major phone shop in the US).

    >> If i create an application for A device, Will this application run
    >> device B?

    > Yes.

    Other things to look out for is support for RMS, Location API, 3D
    graphics... And so forth. If you're just talking about the typical "input a
    number and I'll calculate another number"... Yeah, you're pretty safe.

    But as your MIDlet gets more complicated, you run into issues: how many
    bytecodes per second the platform can handle, maximum number of threads,
    maximum size of the heap. WRT the RMS thing--how fast the platform allows
    you to write to the record store (if it allows you at all).

    >> Similarly, This application will run on those device whose platform is
    >> Palm OS.

    > ?? I do not know. In fact, everything I *do* know about J2ME
    > came from the document I linked to earlier, which was written
    > by Darryl Pierce, the *other* person who replied to you.

    Modern palms are rather good at keeping up to date with J2ME--they have the
    advantage of being able to be conveniently upgraded.

    Joe Discar, May 28, 2005
  4. nishadixit

    nishadixit Guest

    List of Platform which J2ME MIDP supported

    Hi,

    tell me List of Platform( not devieces) which J2ME MIDP supported

    Thanks

    Nisha

    nishadixit, May 31, 2005
  5. Re: List of Platform which J2ME MIDP supported

    nishadixit wrote:
    > tell me List of Platform( not devieces) which J2ME MIDP supported

    Right after you define the difference between a platform and a device.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com
    Darryl Pierce, May 31, 2005
  6. nishadixit

    Joe Discar Guest

    Re: List of Platform which J2ME MIDP supported

    See if this one helps you:

    http://www.j2mepolish.org/devices/midp2.html

    On 5/30/05 10:48 PM, in article
    , "nishadixit"