Windows Server 2003 ASP.NET using .NET Framework 1.0

Kevin Jackson

We built a web app using ASP.NET that is built with VS .NET. This targets
the .NET framework 1.0. We are switching over to Windows Server 2003. We
have found some problems running our app on .NET FW 1.1 so we want to make
sure all of our stuff uses the .NET FW 1.0.

We read some tech articles that say this is possible.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/sidexsidenet.asp

We also read some other articles that say that ASP.NET always uses the 1.1
on W2003 IIS 6.0.

http://portals.devx.com/SummitDays/Article/15674/2213?pf=true

Which one is right?

Our compatibility issue has to do with webcontrols.

Thanks

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Kevin,

Firstly I want to thank George for his great help in this issue. Please
check the articles he mentioned carefully.

HOW TO: Specify a Version of the .NET Framework for an ASP.NET Web
Application
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820106

HOW TO: Configure Different Versions of an ASP.NET Application Running on
the Same Web Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;816782

For the problem of "ASP.NET always uses the 1.1 on W2003 IIS 6.0", the
correct statement should be:

By default, ASP.NET uses the .NET Framework 1.1 on W2003 IIS 6.0.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support