    And requesting you to please suggest me the proper approach

    Regards
    Vighneswar

    vighnesh, Aug 4, 2005

  2. vighnesh

    Chris Mayers Guest

    "vighnesh" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Hi All
    >
    > I am presently dealing a project in which I have convert aWord document
    > file as Pdf file.
    > Please let me know is it possible in .NET with out using any third party
    > component?
    > And requesting you to please suggest me the proper approach
    >
    > Regards
    > Vighneswar

    Hi,

    This is somthing that I had to look into a couple of years ago.

    I'm not aware of any easy way of doing this without a 3rd party component.
    I believe the PDF specifications are 'open', so I guess in theory you could
    write your own PDF generator, but it would be one hell of a task!

    There are quite a few tools and components on the market, some pretty cheap,
    that should be able to help. I can't remember any of the top of my head, but
    a quick Google should give you plenty to start off with.

    Actually, one that I looked at that was pretty good was called somthing like
    'Amyuni PDFCreator'

    Regards,

    Chris.

    Chris Mayers, Aug 4, 2005

  3. "vighnesh"
    > I am presently dealing a project in which I have convert aWord document
    > file as Pdf file.
    > Please let me know is it possible in .NET with out using any third party
    > component?
    > And requesting you to please suggest me the proper approach

    No, you need at least a component by instance from Adobe or AFAIK form
    9rays-net
    http://www.9rays.net/

    I hope this helps,

    Cor

    Cor Ligthert [MVP], Aug 4, 2005
  4. vighnesh

    Subin Kushle Guest

    Greetings,
    I guess the best way to convert a word document to pdf without using third
    party components will be to print the word document to the Adobe PDF printer
    device that installs itself along with the Adobe acrobat professional.

    best,
    Subin Kushle.

    Subin Kushle, Aug 4, 2005
  5. vighnesh

    m.posseth Guest

    There are also some opensource components out there , even written in .Net
    just do a Google on them

    M. Posseth

    m.posseth, Aug 31, 2005