"world wide web service is not installed on this computer" ???

GlenS

I have a test system set up for debugging with iis6 on win2003
I couldn't connect to the system from my xp workstation so I installed
visual studio 6 with interdev on the test server. When I try to run a
debugging session i get a message "world wide web service is not installed on
this computer"
iis manager shows the website - services shows the service running.
What gives????

Bob Barrows [MVP]

GlenS said:
I have a test system set up for debugging with iis6 on win2003
I couldn't connect to the system from my xp workstation so I installed
visual studio 6 with interdev on the test server. When I try to run a
debugging session i get a message "world wide web service is not
installed on this computer"
iis manager shows the website - services shows the service running.
What gives????

There are Interdev groups that would have been more relevant for this.
They have "vi" in their names.

Anyways, I've never seen this problem but see if you can find your
answer here:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/3022

GlenS

Thanks I didn't see it - I'll move it there

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET