    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________
    George Hester, Dec 1, 2003

  2. >> Is there some other "user" that I can give permissions to to write a text
    file to the folder that doesn't allow write permissions to
    IUSER_MachineName? Thanks.

    You've lost me. Unless your site/application is set up for Windows Auth,
    ASP runs as IUSR_MachineName, so what other user would you expect ASP to
    impersonate in order to write to this folder?

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________
    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Dec 1, 2003

  3. Well I have many different users on the server; Interactive; Network; Authenticated Users; BATCH; Proxy; Restricted; Self; Service; ... many more. I was hoping that some other one of these I could use. If not no big deal. I can allow just Read and Write anywhere so I may just do that.

    --
    George Hester

    George Hester, Dec 1, 2003
  4. George Hester

    Ray at Guest

    You could use any one of them that you want if those groups have
    permissions. Just give your IUSR permissions though instead of trying to
    jump through extra steps and using group membership for NTFS permissions
    when you only need this one single user to have permissions.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Dec 1, 2003