0x80040111 Error on IIS 5.1 (WinXP)

Vladimir

Getting 0x80040111 Error on trivial IISHelp -
http://localhost/IISHelp/iis/misc/default.asp

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

a.. Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x80040111)
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class
/IISHelp/iis/misc/default.asp, line 12

b.. Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

c.. Page:
GET /IISHelp/iis/misc/default.asp
I've tried everything: folder permissions, Directory Security - anonymous
access toggle on/of - nothing helps. Can't understand what goes wrong.

Please help!
Vladimir,

Vladimir

the line is:
Set OBJbrowser = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")

It's standard IIS Help system which is some how broken.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Set OBJbrowser = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.BrowserType")

I don't believe these objects are available in XP, at least not by default.
Are you using the old IIS 4/5 help pages on an XP install?

Vladimir

I presume it IIS 5.1. Initially the IIS wasn't installed. I've installed it
from winXP pro CD. It worked, but now somehow it doesn't.
-I updated MDAC to latest 2.7 + all patches
-I run the latest SP for IIS 5.1
-I installed w3 JMail
-And finally updated IE 6 and XP with all recommended security patches

I'm going nuts, how different and they do the security in XP in comparing
with w2K

TIA
Vladimir

Vladimir

noop! in title it says "Microsoft Internet Information Serveices 5.1
documentation"