403 error for perl script on Win 2003 server

ecurts

I am helping a school set up some perl scripts on their Windows 2003
server and keep getting a 403 error. Here's the info:

- The problem is not the perl scripts, since they are the same scripts
I have given to other schools with Windows 2003 and they worked fine
before.
- Active Perl is install on their server and working from the command
line.
- The "Perl CGI Extension" option is enable in "Web Server Extensions"
in IIS.
- .pl extensions are associated with perl.exe.
- The web folder (with the perl scripts) has anonymous access granted
to the Intenet Guest Account in IIS.
- The NTFS permissions on the web folder give the Internet Guest
Account read and execute privileges.
- From a browser I can open html and gif files in the web folder in
question.
- However anytime I try to open a perl script in the browser, I get:

You are not authorized to view this page
credentials that you supplied.
Please try the following:
Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to
view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Any ideas what may be wrong or suggestions for where I should start
looking? All the settings look correct and identical to other servers
that have successfully used these perl scripts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Eric

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

I am helping a school set up some perl scripts on their Windows 2003
server and keep getting a 403 error. Here's the info:

- The problem is not the perl scripts, since they are the same scripts
I have given to other schools with Windows 2003 and they worked fine
before.

Then why are you seeking help in a Perl group?
Any ideas what may be wrong or suggestions for where I should start
looking?

In the docs for the server? In a group dealing with server
configuration, such as comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows ?

Tad McClellan

I am helping a school set up some perl scripts on their Windows 2003
server and keep getting a 403 error. Here's the info:

- The problem is not the perl scripts,

Then you are in the wrong newsgroup. This is the Perl newsgroup.

Any ideas what may be wrong or suggestions for where I should start
looking?

Look for help with configuring a web server in a newsgroup
about web servers, such as:

comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows