500 Server Error -- How do I identify the cause...

David Elliott

I am getting the following error trying to push a 60 meg file from an ASPX
page to a C# WebService.

I created a 20 meg unicode text file. I then cut and pasted to produce a 40
and 60 meg files. I can get the 20 & 40 meg file to go through just fine
using the parameters listed at the bottom, but not the 60 meg.

IIS Log files didn't produce anything useful even turning everything on.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Error
- used trace.axd to retrieve this info from the ASPX Page
- the webservice trace.axd was empty
==================

aspx.page Begin Raise PostBackEvent 0.080441 0.000026
Unhandled Execution Error
Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:
--
--.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message,

Machine.config
=================
<httpRuntime
executionTimeout="90"
maxRequestLength="4096"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
minFreeThreads="8"
minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
appRequestQueueLimit="100"
enableVersionHeader="true"/>

Web.config
<httpRuntime
executionTimeout="40000" <=- 11 hours
maxRequestLength="202400" <=- 200 Meg Limit
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true"/>