A Mascot...

Gregory Brown

It looks like mascots are in general out of fashion these says. Even
NetBSD which had a fine demon for a long time went to a bland flag :-S

On the contrary, Prawn has a mighty-fine smiling ... Prawn ... as its logo:
http://prawn.majesticseacreature.com/

But I think individual projects can get away with more than a
programming language should be able to, especially once it becomes
more popular.
I can't imagine hanging on to our cuddly little crustacean if/when
Prawn is merged with the Ruby PDF project.

-greg

Robert Dober

Definitely get more momentum. Looks like 2 for mascot, 5+ against so
far.

Can I hear some defined reasons why people don't like a mascot? Don't
know why a lack of a mascot makes Ruby much better...
Maybe I am just too conservative about it. I believe Ruby does not
need a mascot. A mascot is something people associate with a product
etc. I would hate if a mascot would imply something about Ruby. I
prefer people see Ruby for what it is.
That said I am not strongly opposed, just slightly, and I do not think
that it will matter a lot.

Cheers
Robert

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Could you make a cute lobster? Or you could go the opposite direction, with an extreme lobster! With razor-sharp claws and all.