a newbi problem: can't find complete python curses library

krishnakant Mane

hello,
I am a new member to this list.
I am Krishnakant from India, Mumbai.
I have been coding in python for quite some time and now I am at the
intermediate level of programming as far as python is concerned.
I am going to develop a accounting software that can work on the
console and accessed through ssh from other terminals.
I will like to use the curses or ncurses library for the menus and the
input forms with add, save, delete, update and cancel buttens.
I also need to create drop down menus with a top level menu bar.
I read a few articles about python wrapping curses but can't find some
thing very comprehencive.
my question is,
does python possess a complete wrapper to ncurses and its related
libraries like menu, panel and form?
if yes then where can I find documentation?
I read the python documentation and could manage to find out the
window object but nothing on menus and panels and forms.
thanks and regards.
Please help,
Krishnakant.

Rainy

krishnakant said:
[...]

How about this short intro?

www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-python6.html

It looks like it's got something about menus. Google returns many hits
for 'python curses', you might want to go through the first few pages
of results if you haven't yet.

Bill Pursell

krishnakant said:
I will like to use the curses or ncurses library for the menus and the
input forms with add, save, delete, update and cancel buttens.
I also need to create drop down menus with a top level menu bar.
I read a few articles about python wrapping curses but can't find some
thing very comprehencive.
my question is,
does python possess a complete wrapper to ncurses and its related
libraries like menu, panel and form?
if yes then where can I find documentation?

Try section 14.11.2 of the library reference.

http://docs.python.org/lib/curses-panel-objects.html