A thank-you

mdh

Hi All,
For the past couple of years, I have worked my way through K&R. I
would like to thank all of you who have so tirelessly answered my
endless questions, which must have brought some of you to tears, at
times. :). I dare not repeat the one that must have almost gotten me
ostracized! I could mention some of you by name...but there are so
many, and I am sure you know who you are.
So, thank you again.

user923005

Hi All,
For the past couple of years, I have worked my way through K&R. I
would like to thank all of you who have so tirelessly answered my
endless questions, which must have brought some of you to tears, at
times. :).  I dare not repeat the one that must have almost gotten me
ostracized! I could mention some of you by name...but there are so
many, and I am sure you know who you are.

It is really nice to see someone who takes the opposite approach.
By that I mean instead of trying to avoid the effort of actually
learning, actually expending effort to improve your ability by choice.
How many times have we seen here somone post a bare homework
specification and then have an outburst when people did not spring
into action, solving the homework problem for them so that they did
not have to?

On the other hand, here we have someone who not only wants to learn
but also listens to feedback and changes opinion when the facts
warrant it.

If only all the posters should show such a refreshing attitude, we
would see the sort of value from this place that we should all hope
for.

IMO-YMMV