A very simple hello world program wont execute in Linux.

penguinman

Its just a hello world program.
Compile and build goes with no warning or error.

i type ./a.out and the shell just sits there. It doesnt hang but it
just sits there with no output.

I executed the program in ddd, execution window opened up and I got a
blank.
I executed the program using Anjuta same thing.
In all cases the program had no errors or warning. But there is no
execution.

I checked the permision of the files and it has execute for my user.

Help please?

Bob Jacobs

penguinman said:
Its just a hello world program.
Compile and build goes with no warning or error.

i type ./a.out and the shell just sits there. It doesnt hang but it
just sits there with no output.

I executed the program in ddd, execution window opened up and I got a
blank.
I executed the program using Anjuta same thing.
In all cases the program had no errors or warning. But there is no
execution.

I checked the permision of the files and it has execute for my user.

Help please?

Post your code.

Victor Bazarov

Bob Jacobs said:
Post your code.

I bet it's something like

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main() {
cin >> "Hello world";
}

Victor

Kevin Goodsell

Bob said:
Post your code.

The idiomatic response is, "My crystal ball is broken. Post the code."
We would also accept "There's a bug on line 42."

;-)

-Kevin