    of that would be to call into the click once application to aquire
    information about the file directory to display in the ASP.NET
    datagrid. Any suggestions? Thanks!

    nick.althoff, Sep 18, 2006

  2. a standard click once (or .net based active/x control) will not have
    permission to do this. they will have to be installed locally, and have the
    user update the permissions, or trust your site.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Sep 18, 2006

  3. Hi,

    To continue a little on Bruce's reply, even client-side JavaScript is
    able to access the client's file system *if the permissions are given*.
    That's the whole trick. You won't gain anything more by using ActiveX or
    ClickOnce.

    See this demo writing files to the local disk using plain JavaScript:
    http://www.galasoft-lb.ch/myjavascript/CExplorer/index.html

    In normal scenario, accessing the file system is just not possible
    because of the security sandbox.

    HTH,
    Laurent

    Laurent Bugnion, Sep 18, 2006