Access remote folder files in the network

Rajesh

In my ASP.NET application, all the images files are stored on a machine other
than my web-server. In a webform i am accessing the image files stored in
that folder in the remote machine. Folder path is configurable in the
web.config file. The webserver and the folder machine in the same network.
I am not able to access that foler. What is the shortest way to do this. So
that i should able to access the images files from the remote machine.

Prodip Saha

Rajesh,
The easiest way to solve this problem is -Mirrored Account.

If you are using ASPNET (local on web server) account to run the ASP.NET
application, create another ASPNET(local on file server) account on the
file/remote server with strong password. You must change the password to run
the ASP.NET on web server in the machine.config (<ProcessModel> element) to
macth the paswords.

You can get additional details at -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetsec/html/SecNetHT01.asp

This was a perfect solution for me since my file server and the web server
are located on two different domains. Hope this helps.

Prodip K. Saha
Programmer Analyst
EMC Mortgage Corporation

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Rajesh when u say ur not able to access the FOLDER what do you mean..!
Is it giving an error..or ur denied access..
Patrick