Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\sitio\16a5fc0

Alejandro Becker

Hi, I have Windows 2000 SP4. is domain controller.
and Visual studio 2003

I get the error:
Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\sitio\16a5fc06\770e5f27" is denied.
when I try to acces to the site.

Please I need Help.

Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

Allow read privileges to the account
which ASP.NET is running under to :

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

You should be aware that running ASP.NET on a domain controller
is not exactly the best environment to run ASP.NET in.

To provide a valid user account on the domain controller, you must specify an
explicit account in the <processModel> section of the Machine.config file,
or you must use the SYSTEM account.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315158
to learn how to change the default account ASP.NET runs under,
so that running in a domain controller isn't troublesome.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
==========================

JIMCO Software

Juan said:
Allow read privileges to the account
which ASP.NET is running under to :

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

ASPNET should have full control on this folder. This is where ASP.NET
compiles its assemblies. It needs Write access.

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003