C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Amelyan, Apr 25, 2005.

  1. Amelyan

    Amelyan Guest

    VisualStudio is trying to copy older version of Company.Interface.dll into
    runtime directory from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ and I
    get this warning.

    Warning: The dependency 'Company.Interface, Version=1.0.1940.30685,
    Culture=neutral' in project 'MyWebApplication' cannot be copied to the run
    directory because it would overwrite the reference 'Company.Interface,
    Version=1.0.1940.31541, Culture=neutral'.

    Why is it trying to do so?

    Thanks,
    Amelyan

    Amelyan, Apr 25, 2005

  2. You are trying to run an earlier version of the project
    than the version you already have installed.

    ASP.NET will not overwrite newer assemblies with older assemblies.

    Recompile the project , and make sure the version number
    is updated to a version number at least equal to, or higher,
    than 1.0.1940.31541

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 25, 2005

  3. Amelyan

    Amelyan Guest

    Juan T. Llibre,

    I tryed recompiling. However, I am still getting the same error. The
    problem is that the older version is "stuck" in
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ and
    VS tries to copy after every recompilation. No matter how many times I
    recompile Company.Interface.dll and then MyWebApplication.dll, I get this
    warning.

    However, I stop getting this warning, if I explicitly go to
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ and
    delete the older Company.Interface.dll from there. And sometimes, the older
    version of MyWebApplication.dll gets "stuck" in that temporary folder, and
    no matter how many times I recompile my application, and I run my project,
    it tries to run it from that asp.net temporary folder.

    Do you know the purpose of that folder and how to make it work right?

    Thanks,
    Amelyan

    Amelyan, Apr 25, 2005