C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Amelyan

VisualStudio is trying to copy older version of Company.Interface.dll into
runtime directory from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ and I
get this warning.

Warning: The dependency 'Company.Interface, Version=1.0.1940.30685,
Culture=neutral' in project 'MyWebApplication' cannot be copied to the run
directory because it would overwrite the reference 'Company.Interface,
Version=1.0.1940.31541, Culture=neutral'.

Why is it trying to do so?

Thanks,
Amelyan

Juan T. Llibre

You are trying to run an earlier version of the project
than the version you already have installed.

ASP.NET will not overwrite newer assemblies with older assemblies.

Recompile the project , and make sure the version number
is updated to a version number at least equal to, or higher,
than 1.0.1940.31541

Amelyan

Juan T. Llibre,

I tryed recompiling. However, I am still getting the same error. The
problem is that the older version is "stuck" in
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ and
VS tries to copy after every recompilation. No matter how many times I
recompile Company.Interface.dll and then MyWebApplication.dll, I get this
warning.

However, I stop getting this warning, if I explicitly go to
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ and
delete the older Company.Interface.dll from there. And sometimes, the older
version of MyWebApplication.dll gets "stuck" in that temporary folder, and
no matter how many times I recompile my application, and I run my project,
it tries to run it from that asp.net temporary folder.

Do you know the purpose of that folder and how to make it work right?

Thanks,
Amelyan