Active Directory (0x80070005)

Allan Browne

Hi,

I'm trying to add a user to active directory using ASP and am receiving the
following error:-

Active Directory (0x80070005)
General Access Denied Error

Does anyone know how to get round this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Allan.

Eric Rodriguez

What provider are you using? What OS is the DC? Do you have a sample of
the code that is problematic? The resolution to this problem could be in
the code or elsewhere. These are some of the variables that we need to
know about.

Here's some documentation that may be a good start and should be helpful to
others who may run into this issue.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326690
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=218497
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adsi/adsi/p
rovider_support_of_adsi_interfaces.asp

~Eric

You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.