How to get Active workbook instance

Joined
Aug 18, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi i am trying to build an app in python to open the excel files. We can get this done using Dispatch / DispatchEX. But, as per my requirement, i need to open the file in an excel window which was selected by the user. In short, the excel file has to be opened in the Active workbook. I tried "win32com.client.GetActiveObject("Excel.Application")", but it doesnt work. Any suggestions please

Ad