    roles and azman and adam. Is this what I should be using? Are there an
    good beginner tutorials on this topic? I am new to security in ASP.NET
    2.0.

    MasterChief, Mar 3, 2006

  2. Haven't done much using ASP.NET
    But in ASP.NEt1.1 see
    http://spaces.msn.com/naijacoder/
    How to configure and implement a Role based Windows Authentication
    Patrick'

    Patrick.O.Ige, Mar 31, 2006

  3. that solution (http://spaces.msn.com/naijacoder/) needs to have
    impersonation. If you don't want to switch impersonation on, you should
    think about using e.g. COM+ component which could be started under special
    Windows-account and has rights to work with AD. This component could be used
    from ASP.NET to get user roles for the current visitor.

    Alexey Smirnov, Apr 2, 2006