Active Directory Membership Provider Change Password

itspiyush

We are setting up Authentication and authorization of users in Active
Directory using ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider in Asp.net 2.0.
Login and Creating users in the system is working fine.
But while changing password using Membership it is giving error as the
"New password does not comply with the policy of the Active Directory"
though I am entering the password which satisfies all the policies of
Active Directory.

Joe Kaplan

Try doing the password change operation with a simple ADSI script that calls
ChangePassword. If that works but the provider doesn't, then there is some
kind of a problem in the provider. Otherwise, you really aren't following
the policy. Sometimes people miss some details on the password policy such
as password history requirements and minimum password age.

Joe K.

itsPiyush

Try doing the password change operation with a simple ADSI script that calls
ChangePassword. If that works but the provider doesn't, then there is some
kind of a problem in the provider. Otherwise, you really aren't following
the policy. Sometimes people miss some details on the password policy such
as password history requirements and minimum password age.

Joe K.

Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"http://www.directoryprogramming.net

I have change the policy in which I have set all the options it to not
defined. After doing that I am not getting the previous error of
policy instead it is not changing the password.

Joe Kaplan

What does this mean? Are you saying that you get no error but the password
doesn't change?

Joe K.

Joe Kaplan

Sorry, but I have no idea on this one. I'd suggest going directly to MS
support and filing a bug to see if they can help you.

Joe K.