ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider "Access is denied."

Andy Klare

We are tyring to get the ASP.NET 2.0 ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider to
work so we can use the built in Login Control but we are getting "Access is
denied.". Our user in our provider config was made an Account Operator so
we believe it should have the appropriate permissions. It also appears that
we are at least connecting to the directory since we can change passwords
and connection strings and get an error saying that it can't connect. Has
anyone had this problem or know of anything that might cause this error?

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied.

Source Error:

Line 18: <addLine 19:
name="MyADMembershipProvider"Line 20:
type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"Line 21:
connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"Line 22:
connectionProtection="None"

Andy Klare

I should add that we are currently using Windows XP developer web server and
a 2003 AD Server.