Add an error message to CreateUserWizard for duplicate username

ibiza

Hi all,

I have a CreateUserWizard with two steps, one to create the user, and
the other to associate roles to him. When I try to insert a user with a
username that already exists, I can't create the user and this is ok.
However, there is no error message of any sort, so I'd like to add a
message like 'Please enter a different user name.' How can I do this?

Thanks!
ibiza

Shane Bauer

ibiza,

There is a property on the wizard called "DuplicateUserNameErrorMessage".
Set the message there.

Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
This worked for me

I added the messages in the page init see below it then worked for me

protected void Page_Init ( object sender , EventArgs e )
{

CreateUserWizard1.DuplicateEmailErrorMessage="That Email Address is already being used if you have forgotten your password <a href=\"PasswordRecovery.aspx\" target=\"_self\">Click Here</a> to login";
CreateUserWizard1.DuplicateUserNameErrorMessage="That User name is already being used if you have forgotten your password <a href=\"PasswordRecovery.aspx\" target=\"_self\">Click Here</a> to login";
CreateUserWizard1.UserNameRequiredErrorMessage="test";
}
Cheers
Phantom