Add Controls to GridView at runtime

mangomadman

Has anyone solved the problem with adding Controls dynamically to a GridView at runtime?

I encounter the problem that GridView doesn't save these Controls on post back, which makes them useless.

Winista

That is by design. this is not for GridView only. Its for page also. And for
that matter its for "Control" object because page is also a control. All
dynamically added controls have to readded on post back by the time
Page_Load event finishes. You can build your own value added infrastructure
on top of vanilla grid view to support your requirements. Thats where the
third party controls come in handy because they add these features.