Address Bar Icon

Aaron Keller

I have a nice little web site that serves as an intro to the enjoyment
of coffee. I admire sites that show their icon in the address bar but
I have not been able to figure out how it's done. Can anyone out there
help me out?

Amos E Wolfe

Aaron Keller said:
I have a nice little web site that serves as an intro to the enjoyment
of coffee. I admire sites that show their icon in the address bar but
I have not been able to figure out how it's done. Can anyone out there
help me out?

Add the following line in the <head> of your html document:

<link rel="shortcut icon"
href="http://www.wherrylines.org.uk/images/wherry.ico">

I found a handy utility called BMP2ICO which created .ico (windows icon)
files by importing an easily creatable bitmap.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-

Sid Ismail

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:50:21 +0000 (UTC), "Amos E Wolfe"

:
: Add the following line in the <head> of your html document:
:
: <link rel="shortcut icon"
: href="http://www.wherrylines.org.uk/images/wherry.ico">
:
: I found a handy utility called BMP2ICO which created .ico (windows icon)
: files by importing an easily creatable bitmap.
:
: -=# Amos E Wolfe #=-
:

Irfanview can make icons too - the OP should also read www.favicon.com

Sid

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed) (Sid Ismail)
Irfanview can make icons too - the OP
should also read www.favicon.com

Thanks for that info, I downloaded IrfanView and used it to change the
file type of my 16x16 Image (which I made at Image Magick) to .ico
format...

I now have the Favicons on many of my pages and they seem to work for
IE, NN, Mozilla and Opera...

Web Design, Magic, Painting, Junking, More
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
NOTE: This emailbox is CLOSED do NOT reply!!!

Big Bill

I think that you can do a search on google.com for, "favicon," and find a
free program to help you create that..

Good times,
Ginae!
http://www.ginae.us

There's a program called Miconangelo or similar which will let you
create an icon.gif. You bung it in your root directory and you're
done. As I recall.

BB

Sid Ismail

: There's a program called Miconangelo or similar which will let you
: create an icon.gif. You bung it in your root directory and you're
: done. As I recall.

"...or similar..." "... As I recall."

Hehe - you sure of that?

Sid