ADT help

xandra

if i was given a sorce code for a c++ class, and asked if the class shown
is an ADT. how can i tell?

thanks a lot for your help

Chris Dollin

xandra said:
if i was given a sorce code for a c++ class, and asked if the class shown
is an ADT. how can i tell?

(This is off-topic: comp.programming is probably better, although comp.lang.c++
might do, but it isn't really a C++ question.

(a) Do you know what an ADT is? If not, find out first.
(b) Do you understand C++ classes? If not, do so first.

Deploy your understanding of (a) to see if (b) fits it.

Note that the same trick works for C code: if you understand ADTs and
C, you can tell if some C code "is" (implements) an ADT.

If you want to understand X+Y, asking about + doesn't help if you
don't understand X or Y.
)

CBFalconer

xandra said:
if i was given a sorce code for a c++ class, and asked if the class
shown is an ADT. how can i tell?

Possibly by asking in a newsgroup where c++ is topical. I suggest
you peer intently at the name of this newsgroup, and use the
resultant observations to decide whether this is such a group.