advice how to add input fields in a form without scroll down other fields.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mrsanna1, Dec 15, 2013.

  1. mrsanna1

    mrsanna1 Guest

    As an example I have a form with a layout like this:

    <input type="text">
    <input type="text">

    <input type="text">
    <input type="text">

    <input type="text">
    <input type="text">

    <input type="text">
    <input type="text">

    div class 3 and 4 are positioned on the right of div 1 and div 2.
    If I add an input fied on the right side of the form then input of the left side are scrolled down, how can I add an input in the right side without scrolling down the inputs on the left side?
    Thank you.

    mrsanna1, Dec 15, 2013

  2. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    A quick and inexpensive reference for novices and intermediates
    can be found here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

    On this site menu, look up this:
    CSS Advanced >Floating

    You'll come to this page.
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_float.asp

    Anytime you have a problem, it can be look up this way.

    Read it thoroughly. You need to put in a class with a left float
    in the outer <div>.
    Read it all. Remember to clear the float in the following html
    code. And that the container with must be wide anough to
    allow the to divs laying horizontal side by side.
    /se

    se, Dec 15, 2013

  3. Well a link to the *actual page* that you are trying to design would
    help because you do have give enough information to help you.

    My guess is that you are floating the DIVs. If there is not enough width
    then floats will stack, i.e. the not-fitting floats move below in the
    flow. That is how floats are *supposed* to work. But this is only a
    guess with the information that you provide.

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 15, 2013
  4. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    A couple of typos is corrected:
    (with) and (to) in my text above should be (width) and (two).

    se, Dec 15, 2013
  5. mrsanna1

    mrsanna1 Guest

    Here is an example:
    http://plnkr.co/edit/52jXm2YNHnNLwqR0ifoT?p=preview

    As you see if I add the input with value=3 then the input with value=5 is scrolled down.
    I want to add input with value=3 without scrolling down input value=5.

    mrsanna1, Dec 15, 2013

  6. Not sour what you are doing but addition of input 3 does not change
    position of input 5. Here I have added a border and padding to the DIVs
    to show what is going on with screenshots.

    Without input 3
    <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/without3>

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <head>
    <title>without 3</title>
    div { padding: 10px; border: 1px solid red; }
    </head>
    <form>
    <input type="text" value="1">
    <input type="text" value="2">
    <input type="text" value="4">
    <input type="text" value="5">
    </form>

    With input 3
    <http://www.littleworksstudio.com/temp/usenet/with3>

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <head>
    <title>with 3</title>
    div { padding: 10px; border: 1px solid red; }
    </head>
    <form>
    <input type="text" value="1">
    <input type="text" value="2">
    <input type="text" value="3">
    <input type="text" value="4">
    <input type="text" value="5">
    </form>

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 15, 2013
  7. mrsanna1

    mrsanna1 Guest

    But mine is a layout with two columns.
    So I put input value 3 under input value 2 and not on its right side.

    mrsanna1, Dec 15, 2013
  8. Not by the code you listed. The attached stylesheet "style.css" was blank

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 15, 2013
  9. First of all I can never make *any* sense out of your usenet haiku.
    Seems you are in UTC−06:00 timezone which is mostly English Canada & USA
    so are your not a native English-speaker? If your are a native
    English-speaker, you would mind using more coherent complete sentences
    in English? Lastly, your posts do not seem connected to the same threads
    as I am seeing.

    The OP originally posted a code fragment with no stylesheet reference at
    all. After my request to see URL they then posted a link to a online
    sandbox app Plunker:

    <http://plnkr.co/edit/52jXm2YNHnNLwqR0ifoT?p=preview>

    And observing the code there the OP's stylesheet link is:

    <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" />

    Which from in the sandbox style.css consists of:

    /* Styles go here */

    So what the hell are you referring to?

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 16, 2013
  10. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    Hot-Text uses a top level domain of .cx in his mail address.
    Could be his is a native of Christmas Island (or mere his server
    placed there). If so, his is writing in his native language. And if so,
    the forums participants included you and me, ought to accept as
    is. Somtimes a little hard to handle, especially when posting
    someting out of track. I feel obligated to ignore it without any
    comments. I know the guy. He was a regular on microsoft win98
    before MS shut down msnews. He was ignored. Only a few
    plunkers there reacted negative.

    By the way, I don't think the OP in this thread seeks anything else
    than trying to harvest. Anyway, being on the link he posted, I was
    presented for a pop-up form asking me to confirm. No option to
    cancel was offered. I escaped by unloading IE via task manager.
    Looking at the url page afterwards tells me of possibly more.
    ?p=preview and a top level domain of .co
    /se

    se, Dec 16, 2013
  11. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    Christmas Island doesn't fit with his posting time.
    I recall now. He's posting from Oklahoma. And he's
    a native indian.
    /se

    se, Dec 16, 2013
  12. mrsanna1

    dorayme Guest

    What is more, the markup posted in OP's first post is significantly
    different to that posted in the url you extracted from him.

    Such a mangle of sad communication going on in this thread. Maybe you
    are throwing pearls into an undeserving swamp, Jonathan?

    dorayme, Dec 17, 2013
  13. You must be kidding!

    Christoph Michael Becker, Dec 17, 2013
  14. No. Native of Christmas Island did not use their TLD, it was "resold".
    In addition Christmas Islands are not in the Mountain timezone. And
    Hot-Text also registered with DynaDns so it most likely service the
    domain with a his own machine on a cable or dsl connection.
    He has been here on and off for some time and mostly when his posts are
    nearly intelligible the information contained is typically incorrect.
    Well has no such problem wtith SeaMonkey, but then I use Ghostery
    Firefox extension to block a lot of advertizing trackers...

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 17, 2013
  15. Now there is a mixed metaphor! How the hell are ya dorayme?

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 17, 2013
  16. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    Why answering back that his timezone did not match, about 7 hours
    after my second post, where I announced this the very same discovery
    and correction in an immediatly following sub-thread.
    /se

    se, Dec 17, 2013
  17. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    Your rant, and sometimes indecipherable kind of rant, never stops here.
    A while back here you announced your head was exploded.
    Recall and se a copy of your announcement:
    No doubt, since then your head ARE exploded. But the bad
    feelings and hatred didn't leave and fly with your exploded
    head splinters. It just escaped downwards, now sitting in your
    body - where room for it -most likely in your Rectum, where
    your kind of spirit rightful relates to. Now your Rectum are
    to explode next -eh?.
    No doubt; you will let it happen while indoor, walking your
    kitchen or living room. Even when your wife is close to you.

    /se

    se, Dec 17, 2013

  18. Usenet is asynchronous. Your follow was not present in my client when I
    replied.

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 17, 2013
  19. Ugh! The Murphy God has struck because I cannot type! Now in English ;-)

    You're follow-up post was not present in my client when I replied.

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 17, 2013
  20. mrsanna1

    se Guest

    Ugh, I didn't even catch any grammatical mistake. Guess what -
    I never learned en.
    /se

    se, Dec 17, 2013