Advice sought. How do I add summary row (not databound) to gridview. Like weekly totals etc

dave

Hi,

Can someone get me started by pointing me to an example or tutorial.
I am displaying some weekly sales data using the GridView. The data
shows all sales data. I would like to group it by date and have
weekly summaries. Some weeks may have many sales some, not so many.
Also, I don't want to persist this info to the database; it changes as
people add/subtract sales. So, as I render the data I need to have a
row after each week summarizing the data. It seems like it would be a
common problem.

There are DataBound and RowDataBound events. I suppose I could keep
track of data somehow and somehow add an extra row at the end of a
week. Perhaps there is a much simpler way though? Or a tutorial or
sample?

Many Thanks,

Dave,