Ajax TabContainer behaviour like Windows TabControl?

Mohsin Khan

Hi,

I am working on a website where i am creating Horizontal Menus Dynamically
from database as per rights available to the user. I have several
UserControls. And the Menu control also brings UserControl's URL stored in
Database while Page load.

There is a TabContainer control below the Menu Control.

Now i want to add corresponding UserControl dynamically when user clicks on
any MenuItem. also want to load data while UserControl loaded.

Page PostBack is the enemy of all Web Developers... and so is mine..

I don't want to load already added userControls again, everytime the user
clicks any new MenuItem as when menuitem click start postback. The
Application is very much data driven, loading heavy data again and again
would not be the greatway to deal with.

Only the selected usercontrol should be added and it should not effect any
other things on page like Windows TabControl. Think like Windows TabControl
where we can switch between windows and we receive that previous tab in
status we left.

I know it's not at all a easy thing but it is possible.. i m refering a lots
of things but still

Pls help me with this issue... Awesome u>>

nil

[...]

As much i know..Tabcontainer will load everything first time itself
and won't load controls or data in it when you select particular
tab...it may degrade the performance if you are having more than two
tab and fetching heavy data..then it will take time to load your page
for the first time..

if you find any proper solution then just let me know about it...

Mohsin Khan

nil said:
Hi,

As much i know..Tabcontainer will load everything first time itself
and won't load controls or data in it when you select particular
tab...it may degrade the performance if you are having more than two
tab and fetching heavy data..then it will take time to load your page
for the first time..

if you find any proper solution then just let me know about it...

Hi! nil,

Thanks for atleast replying my post.

Actually i m stucked here in this project..

The thing is when i am clicking any MenuItem ,corresponding TabControl
is getting added in TabContainer but TabContainer due to page Postback is
losing the last added Tab. Means it is showing only the Latest added Tab on
every menuItem click.

Then i tried keeping Menu Control in Update Panel so that whole page will
not refreshed. In this way it's not even adding any UserControl on
TabContainer. It is going with in the Eventhandler but seems to be like
update panel asynchronous postback is not happening. when i debugged this
then i got that everything is null. even UserControl object is also null
which MenuItem click is bringing from server side...

don't know exactly what's happening here..

Please pls pls help me... anyways thanks for all. Guys, waiting for