Ajax TabContainer & ModalPopupExtender

mistryman06

Hi,
I'm new to the ASP.NET Ajax. Im struck with an issue.
Im having a tabcontainer with 3 tabs. Each tab has a user control (all
3 tab has the same user control) & the user control has a Button &
ModalPopup Extender. While running the application,
When I click the TAB1's Button i get a modalpopup in the page. But
when i select the TAB2 and click on the Button. Im not getting any
modalpopup in the 2nd tab rather i see the modal popup in the TAB1.
The modal popup always going to the Tab1. I cant able to bring that
focus into the tab2 or tab3. Please help me on this.
Thanks in advance.
Joe

wisccal

Hi Joe,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your problem. How do you position
the popup? Could you perhaps post your code? I created a sample. The
popup always renders on the top of the two tabs:

Default.aspx:

CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs"
Inherits="ModalPopupInTabContainer._Default" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="aj" %>
<%@ Register Src="~/WebUserControl1.ascx" TagName="TheUserCtrl"
TagPrefix="my" %>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="mgr" runat="server" />
<aj:TabContainer ID="theTab" HeaderText="The First Tab"
runat="server">
<aj:TabPanel ID="pnlOne" HeaderText="First Tab"
runat="server">
</ContentTemplate>
</aj:TabPanel>
<aj:TabPanel ID="pnlTwo" HeaderText="Second Tab"
runat="server">
</ContentTemplate>
</aj:TabPanel>
</aj:TabContainer>
</form>

WebUserControl1.ascx:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeBehind="WebUserControl1.ascx.cs"
Inherits="ModalPopupInTabContainer.WebUserControl1" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="aj" %>
<asp:Button ID="theButton" Text="Click" runat="server" />
<aj:ModalPopupExtender ID="thePopup" TargetControlID="theButton"
PopupControlID="thePopupPanel"
OkControlID="theOkButton" DropShadow="false" runat="server" X="20"
y="20" />
<asp:panel ID="thePopupPanel" runat="server">
200px;background:silver;border:1px solid">
<asp:Label ID="theLabel" Text="This is a popup" runat="server"/
<input type="button" ID="theOkButton" Value="OK"
runat="server" />
</asp:panel>

Regards,
Steve