AJAX Toolkit 3.5 on VS.NET 2008 RTM?

Asaf

Hi,

1. Do I need to install "AjaxControlExtender.vsi" and to use "AJAX Control
Toolkit Web Site" template when I create a new web site or I can just use
"ASP.NET Web Site" and to add "Script Manager" control and have the same
functionality.

2. Why when I try to drag for example "ConfirmButtonExtender" to the
Designer it's refuses to accept it and I can only drag controls to the Source
into the <form></form> section?

Thanks in advanced for any help,
Asaf

Peter

Asaf said:
Hi,

1. Do I need to install "AjaxControlExtender.vsi" and to use "AJAX Control
Toolkit Web Site" template when I create a new web site or I can just use
"ASP.NET Web Site" and to add "Script Manager" control and have the same
functionality.

2. Why when I try to drag for example "ConfirmButtonExtender" to the
Designer it's refuses to accept it and I can only drag controls to the
Source
into the <form></form> section?

Thanks in advanced for any help,
Asaf

there's a video

http://www.asp.net/ajax/
and select ASP.NET AJAX Support in Visual Studio 2008:

or just click on:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...53f18cc8c9/WinVideo-HDI-VS08-AJAX-Support.wmv

Asaf

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info for the video, however I have installed AJAX tool kit as
described by the video but I don’t see any option for "Add Extender…" for
example on an ASP.NET Button.

How can I solve this problem please?

Asaf

Kelly Herald

Download the source code and open the project in VS2008. Go to the
project's properties and change the Assembly version (not the file version)
to 3.5.0.0 (it is currently 3.5.11119.*) and recompile. Once you do that
add the recompiled release version to the toolbox and everything will start
working. This "quirk" was driving me nuts yesterday for hours until I found
a single link somewhere on the web about this issue.

Cirene

Can you explain how to do this?

Thanks!

Kelly Herald said:
Download the source code and open the project in VS2008. Go to the
project's properties and change the Assembly version (not the file
version) to 3.5.0.0 (it is currently 3.5.11119.*) and recompile. Once you
do that add the recompiled release version to the toolbox and everything
will start working. This "quirk" was driving me nuts yesterday for hours
until I found a single link somewhere on the web about this issue.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Asaf,

I have reproduced the issue on my side. I will consult product team to get
more information and keep you posted. Thanks for your patience and
understanding.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Thanks Kelly very much for your sharing.

Hi Asaf and Cirene,

You need to open AjaxControlToolkit.sln (from
AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5.zip) in VS2008, open project
"AjaxControlToolkit" properties dialog, on the Application tab, there's a
button "Assembly Information", click it and change the Assembly version to
3.5.0.0 and recompile. Then drop the compiled AjaxControlToolkit.dll onto
toolbox.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Asaf

Hi Kelly,

All the projects in the solution are set to the Framework 3.5 and there
Assembly versions are correct except "TemplateVSI" Assembly and when I go to
properties for it "Target Framework" is set to 2.0 and when trying to set to
3.5 I am receiving the error:

"Exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException' was
thrown."

And when I go to "Assembly Information…" the "Assembly Version" is empty
when entering the values " 3 5 11119 *" I am receiving the error:

" The assembly reference "System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" could not be added to the project. This
wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build
properly."

* VS.NET 2005 is also installed on my computer.

Thanks for any help,
Asaf