[ANN] Arcadia ruby ide 0.8.1

Antonio Galeone

Arcadia is a Light Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Ruby
language
written in Ruby using the classic tcl/tk GUI toolkit.

Some of Arcadia ruby ide project features include:
* Editor with source browsing, syntax highlighting, code completion
* Debugging support
* Working on any platform where ruby and tcl-tk work.
* Highly extensibility architecture.

== In this release 0.8.1

[Improvements]
commons:
- bug-fixing
- hide splash on gems wizard
- added keybinding configurazion support
- added new Edit menu items : 'Redo','Select all','Invert
selection','Uppercase', 'Lowercase'

editor:
- added dynamic resizing of line numbers frame

*** I need help and support on this project ! ***

Regards
Antonio

Antonio Galeone

botp said:
what king of help
thanks for arcadia and best regards -botp

- A first help is do feedback, I have no idea on who use arcadia and if
it can be usefull to someone.
- Then help in development

Thanks
Antonio

Intransition

Arcadia is a Light Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Ruby
language
written in Ruby using the classic tcl/tk GUI toolkit.

A link to the project would be helpful.

botp

- A first help is do feedback, I have no idea on who use arcadia and if
it can be usefull to someone.
- Then help in development

one of the best things i like about tk/tcl is that the ruby-tk lib is
actively supported by the very knowledgeable NaHi.... no question
regarding rubytk is left unanswered here on this list because of
nahi....

and if you're gem would be robust/flexible enough to run on any
platforms, then it would be easy incorporating it on rubylib as a
standard gui perhaps... i think it would be nice if arcadia has hooks
on activerecord so that creating db-related forms and templates would
be natural...

best regards -botp

botp

- A first help is do feedback,

i like the way it tries to auto-install ruby-debug19.. unfortunately
it fails on windows since it tries to compile it .... we do not do
low-level compile-link on windows here...

best regards -botp